What one person has the opportunity for an uninterrupted 10-20 minute conversation with your potential buyers and service customers?
Your courtesy shuttle driver. Is this a person you trust to represent your store? The benefits of a friendly, professional shuttle driver can’t be overstated. Their influence on your CSI and production can make an impact on the success of your dealership.
Your shuttle driver should:
- Dress professionally and take the shuttle van’s appearance seriously.
- Be trained in general etiquette. (Friendly, but not too friendly!)
- Be knowledgeable of all your store’s promotions and specials. You don’t want them to pitch or advertise, but they should be able to answer client’s basic questions while driving.
- Communicate consistently with the service department, so the staff knows what time the shuttle will return.
- Help with car washes, porting, and greeting while not on the road.
Your driver will leave a lasting impression in the minds of your customers. Let’s make sure it’s a good one!